- Age of the groom must be 21 years or above and bride must be 18 years or above.
- Both bride and groom must be living together after solemnizing wedding.
- Application can be submitted at the nearby district registrar office and registration can be done only once.
- Submission of physical, mental health medical certificate is mandatory. Both the applicants must be in fine condition.
- Both applicants must be residents of Patna or any one of them must be born and brought up in the city.
- Applicant’s relationship must not fall into the category of prohibited list of relations according to marriage law.
- With registration form, photos and copy of all required documents, witness proofs submission of the form after 11 am during the day is advisable. List of documents for marriage registration must include:
- Address proof: Domicile certificate, Aadhar card, pan card, voter id card, driving license, bank passbook first page copy, bills, ration card, passport copy are applicable as address proof.
- Birth Certificate Proof: Schools living certificate, affidavit from Tehsil, Pan Card DOB certificate with an application form attested by govt officer is applicable.
- Marriage proof: marriage invitation card is important proof of wedding. Any receipt that demonstrate payment related to wedding preparation is also acceptable in some cases. Receipt having information regarding the place of marriage or its booking is also acceptable.
- Passport size Photographs: 6 bride and groom photos individually and 3 joint photographs are also required to be attested with application form. Attesting photo of ceremony is advisable.
- Marriage Witnesses: residential, Identity proof of at least two witnesses who attended marriage is important to complete marriage registration procedure in Patna.
- Application Fees: marriage certificate fee in Patna is quite relevant only Rs 30 is to be submitted with application form at the time of registration in the marriage registrar office. A receipt will be given to the applicant that he/she has to deposit with application form with other documents.
Note: checking the validity of marriage certificate and other documents to be submitted at the time of registration is important to avoid any problem for the long run. In case of damage or lose of certificate duplicate marriage certificate can be obtain. However, when going for final registration at the appointed day, carry all the required documents copy that are valid.